Monday 18 June 2012

The unrelating passage of time

Time is definitely speeding up. Blink at 9.30 am and it's time for lunch. Do the same early afternoon and before you know it, you're washing up supper. I'm beginning to think that I've been caught up in some sort of time vortex where I'm spinning at a much faster rate than anyone else. Am I really doing a great deal in all those hours that flash by? I'm not at all sure.

We've just returned from another weekend away in Franc the Van. I love canvas, I love lying in bed at night hearing the rain thundering down on a tent. I love the smell of canvas (always canvas, it lasts 30 years - whereas polyester and all the other new fabrics perish after around 100 days in the sun). I love the smell of crushed grass too.  Despite all that I think now that I love Franc just as much. Although there's definitely a knack to moving stuff around when you want to the put the bed up and even though all his controls are very complex and not well explained in the manual, he's quite wonderful. I'm really looking forward to taking him to the Orkneys early next month.

And now the answer to the big question which I'm sure you'll all asking. How am I getting on singing through the hymn book? Well I have to admit that I've haven't been doing it for the past month - but today I set off again and have nearly finished the evening hymns. Just another 600 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment