Friday 18 January 2019

Hair cut bonus

I decided that my hair had become far too long.  Because of that chemo curl - remember that? - the slightly tendency to bend which the end of my hair exhibited for a while I'd let it grow longer and longer. I'd been wearing it in a bun a great deal especially during the hot summer.

So yesterday I went to a fabulous local salon where my grandson's girlfriend is training, and offered her the opportunity to chop it off.  She immediately told me that the length that it was would make the excess suitable for the Little Princess Trust  which uses cut hair to make wigs for children and young people who have lost theirs through illness. I gather that I'm in good company as the Duchess of Cambridge has also sent some of hers.

So here 's what will get sent; the plaits.


And here's the finished result.



So not only did I get a free haircut, but hopefully someone will be wearing some strands of my hair in the future and loving their new look too.

No comments:

Post a Comment