Thursday 12 July 2012

It's been a while

Hello there. Yes, it's been a while since I posted. I did try while we were away in Orkney but somehow the post didn't get through thanks to the unhelpful re-arrangement of the interface meaning that my mobile no longer works effectively with Blogger. I don't appear to be able to download any updating browser software to make the thing work either. Oh dear - I can see another expensive purchase coming up when I purchase a tablet. 

I can't knock the smartphone though. I've had it for about three years now. It took me a month to learn how to use it, I've never made a call on it but it hosts my address book and other information, is a camera when I've forgotten to bring one and up until now has enabled me to keep you all up-to-date on my progress when there's not a PC to hand. It continues to delight me; I was wondering how many knots we were travelling at on the ferry on Monday, I simply downloaded then and there a free app and was able to see precisely how fast we were going.  But with the tiny screen and my eyes not getting any better, I have to say a tablet does now begin to appeal. I'll wait and see what the reviews are for the Asus Google machine before making a decision.

So how have you all been I wonder?  I'm fine - much as I was the last time I gave you an update.  Interestingly enough I'm still conscious of a slight blotching on my skin - legs this time - not torso. It looks like the rash that took me to the doctor's a while back.  I've stopped taking all supplements now - apart from the cottage cheese and flaxoil, hoping that it will spontaneously go away as it did from my waistline.  I'm just wondering if this is something left over from the chemo which just needs to work its way through - but it's over a year since my last dose so that does seem unlikely. Perhaps I need to cut out the wheat again and the diary. It's not easy maintaining your body like a temple.

The cloud that is the six month check-up now begins to hover.  Not that I think such an appointment will be much more than a "how are you?" exercise.  I wonder if I get Xrayed again?  I've just checked on the blog. It was the start of February that I was given the all clear for the second time - so that means the letter will probably arrive at the start of August.

An interesting thing happened the other day. Well, two interesting things really.  An anonymous person commented on my comments on the Cancer Act - and then someone called Guy added his opinion. It obviously stirs opinion. In the light of the pharmaceutical exposées of recent days where drug giants have been uncovered doing things they shouldn't, it seems there's little morality in the industry. Why then should we expect it to play fair where cancer's concerned?


No comments:

Post a Comment