Thursday 1 September 2011

Radio 4 this morning

There was an interesting little discussion on Radio 4 this morning, instigated by Matthew Taylor's blog about whether middle class educated people have a better change of surviving longer when diagnosed with terminal cancer. No firm conclusions were reached.

I don't think it's about education or class. I firmly believe that diet, relief of stress and anxiety and creating the climate in which the body can do much of its own healing is what really matters. You don't have to be rich to eliminate processed food and sugar from your diet; you may have to be educated to do it though.

If anything needs to be done about the way we handle cancer management, I think it should be the addition of dietary and lifestyle advice.

We're off to see the surgeon this afternoon to find out exactly what he got up to in my thorax. I'll post a full report in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment