Sunday 1 April 2012

Can you have too much Vitamin C?

I've been taking food supplements since I was diagnosed with lung cancer including a daily dose of Vitamin C. However something someone said last night about Vitamin C suddenly made me wonder if my skin rash is due to too much.

A Google reveals people who are actually allergic to Vitamin C - although none of the medical web sites mention it. One of the side effects of too much is, yes, you've guessed it, a skin rash.

I've been puzzled as to how my skin could not be in the best possible order and why it might hospitable to a fungal rash. Maybe I have the answer. Time will tell. No more Vitamin C supplements for the time being. Meanwhile we continue with the cream three times a day and to give the medication its due, it does seem to have had an effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment