Saturday 6 August 2011

Two days of exhaustion

Little did I realise when I wrote my Thursday morning bright and breezy blog entry the consequences of that two mile walk on Wednesday evening. The rest of Thursday and all of Friday I felt totally utterly exhaused. I dragged myself out of the chair to do a little housework and the effort was enormous. Regular bouts of sleep were the only way to cope with it.

Now I've experienced was is "too much" as in "don't do too much" I can tell you that I have absolutely no intention of doing "too much" again. It's simply not worth it.

This morning I do feel quite full of beans again, but I know it won't necessarily last. I'm going to attempt a slow ascent of the hill at midday, to sing in the choir at a wedding. Whether or not I'll be able to sing much I have not yet got a clue - I doubt it - but I'll give it my best shot. Initial attempts at song are not promising but then again it's early days yet. Don't get me wrong. I can make the notes - it's just that I haven't got the quality sorted yet and the breathing will take a bit of getting used to.

So from now on I'm going to pace myself very carefully and allow double rest time for every bit of activity that I undertake. Apart from anything else I don't want a repeat of the heart acrobatics; I'm keen to get myself off these beta blockers.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a very good plan! At least now you know your limits, not pleasant but in the end useful!

    Big love x

    ReplyDelete