Saturday 2 April 2011

Overhanging shadow

I hadn't realised quite how much the spectre of impending chemo therapy affected me until now. Having thought that I'd left all that behind there's been a lightness in my step and I've been relishing the freedom - freedom from dietary constraints, hygiene obsession, intravenous needles - that sort of thing. However now that I know another cycle is fast approaching it does rather hang like a cloud over me. I will however embrace it. I could have refused - I was actually asked what I'd like to do and I did opt for more poisoning so I've only myself to blame.

Out to dinner tonight and I've put on nail varnish and paid particular attention to my makeup. I'm really looking forward to it - specially as it's an Indian meal to which I'm quite partial.

1 comment:

  1. Think of you often. Sending big hugs and hope the meal was truly scrumptious. x

    ReplyDelete