Tuesday 17 May 2011

Patience's virtue

OK, I admit I may have a bit of a thing about jackets. I love them - particularly if they have a peplum at the back. (Peplum: a little frill or pleats which stem from the waistline and sit on the hips). Along with replacing all my other items of clothing by equivalents at least two sizes down, I've accumulated my fair share of jackets. I have to confess to a lovely little brown linen-mix one acquired yesterday on my charity shop tour but today takes the biscuit.

Yesterday I found a nice black leather jacket in the local hospice shop. I passed it up because it was slightly too big and I think I'm still losing weight although very slowly now, but also because the finish had "gone" on both the shoulders and therefore I thought it overpriced at £20. I was sorely tempted though - if only because I would like to think the hospice will be there for me if I need it. A leather jacket would be a nice addition to my collection because it would fill that gap between casual anorak and winter coat. I resolved to be patient and surely within the next few months, at least before autumn set in, I would be rewarded.

Today in an animal charity shop (always lower priced I find) was a black leather jacket, in a more suitable (for me ) style, the right size and at only £8. Quod erat demonstrandum!

No comments:

Post a Comment