Tuesday 11 January 2011

... ah, but the blood test ...

... shows that my magnesium is rather low and they want me to have a magnesium infusion - it takes 24 hours. So I'm off to the hospital with my overnight bag packed. I may be there for a couple of nights when you add the time it takes for the chemo on top of that. I still haven't worked out if I can update this from my smartphone - will have a go tomorrow. But if not don't worry - I'm in good hands; this blip is merely a symptom of the chemotherapy and one of the reasons they do the blood test in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know we're thinking of you - I've sat several times with Dad whilst he was having his chemo so can picture exactly where you are in NGH. The book swap shelf was particularly good then - worth a look if it's still there! Lovely to read your blog and keep up with your progress - I miss working in Stony and seeing everyone to catch up on the gossip so am so glad that you are doing this. Much love and admiration as always, Helen & Glenn

    ReplyDelete