Thursday 20 January 2011

A little trip out

I've only driven a couple of times in the past month, not because I can't but because of my self-imposed infection-avoiding purdah, so it was a strange feeling to get back into the car again. I popped up to Stony today to have lunch with one of our daughters which gave me an opportunity to collect various items of mail which had been delivered to the two addresses I recently occupied. My immune system is probably compromised at this time so I was anxious not to enter stuffy rooms nor encounter the hacking-coughing or virus-ridden. So it was a very brief run in and run out activity but I met loads of people who seemed extremely pleased to see me and I came away with yet more flowers. Our house has been blessed with the most lovely floral displays non-stop since November; thank you friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment